15 Quotes To Help You Be More Mindful Today
When we think about mindfulness, the act of being mindful in our daily lives, we often refer to it as the state of being completely in the present moment. This means no mind wandering about the past or the future. It’s difficult, but important if we want to reduce stress and start to build that inner power to resist future stressors – which really do carry a negative impact on our overall well-being.
Here are 15 quotes to help get you into that mindful state and living in the present moment. Really take some time to think about each and apply them to your day.
1. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” -Buddha
2. “Every morning ask ‘if today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” -Steve Jobs
3. “It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.” – Sir Winston Churchill
4. “Time is a created thing. To say “I don’t have time”, is like saying, “I don’t want to”.” -Lao-Tzu
5. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” -Buddha
6. “How soon, not now, becomes never.” -Martin Luther
7. “Nurture your minds with great thoughts. To believe in the heroic makes heroes.” –Benjamin Disraeli
8. “Often he who does too much does too little.” -Italian Proverb
9. “A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before we changed.” –Earl Nightingale
10. “The shorter way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.” -Mozart
11. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” -Buddha
12. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” -Marcus Aurelius (get more great Stoic quotes on StoicBot)
13. “At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.” -Lao-Tzu
14. “What you focus on expands.” – Buddha
15. “Meditation is exercise for the mind.” -Chade-Meng Teng
Remember, you can meditate daily for free in MeditateBot, give it a try!
**At The Mindful Tech Lab, we develop and market apps that are easily ingrained into your daily routine to deliver positive results.
We are most known for our Facebook Messenger chatbots that help you live your best life, you can check them each out by clicking on their links: MotivateBot, MeditateBot, Daily FitBot, HealthyBot, Eat Clean Bot, StoicBot**