Top 10 Reasons to Practice Mindfulness
Here at The Mindful Tech Lifestyle, we aim to provide you with top quality information to help you live your best life. This is why we specifically created MeditateBot (found in Facebook Messenger), which is meant to help you practice mindfulness daily. Mindfulness means living in the present moment, taking in your surroundings, and not thinking about tomorrow or what happened yesterday. Being mindful will absolutely maximize the quality of your life, and we personally strive to be more mindful everyday.
Here are our top 10 reasons to practice mindfulness:
1. Mindfulness reduces anxiety and stress, including our body’s innate “fight or flight” response.
2. Mindfulness reduces addictive and compulsive tendencies.
3. Practicing mindfulness during a workout greatly improves the efficiency and effectiveness of the exercise.
4. Practicing mindfulness at work increases productivity and efficiency, meaning you can get more done in a shorter amount of time!
5. Mindfulness increases confidence at work and in your social life.
6. Mindfulness leads to clearer thinking to make better decisions.
7. Practicing mindfulness helps to improve relationships with your significant other, friends, family, and at work.
8. Mindfulness improves your memory by increasing attention and focus.
9. Mindfulness prevents overeating and snacking and helps to get you to your ideal weight.
10. Practicing mindfulness increases overall energy and decreases fatigue.
About the author: Sarah-Kate Rems is an Ivy League trained board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner with an expertise in preventative healthcare. She considers nutrition and exercise to be the basis of well-being and is a strong advocate for daily physical activity and maintaining a healthy diet. Sarah-Kate is also a co-founder of The Mindful Tech Lab